August 12, 2012

Shower Part I: Minnesota

My first baby shower took place in Minnesota on Saturday, July 14. Thrown by my sister, a mix of family and friends gathered outside Sarah's Minnetonka home. Decorated in navy and coral, in honor of the colors chosen for our future baby room, the shower started off with a yogurt parfait bar, sausage egg bake, and cupcakes.



Following brunch, we played "Guess What's in the Bag." Ten sealed white paper bags were each filled with a single baby item. Guests had to feel the outside of the bag and guess what baby item was inside. There were two winners; both guessed all 10 items correctly. I only got four right. Embarrassingly, I guessed one if the items was a lollipop. Not only was I way off (the actual item was a thermometer), but lollipop's don't exactly belong in the baby category. Clearly I am not a mother yet.


Sarah also put together a quiz about my pregnancy. For those who were following my blog, they had an advantage. 


Finally, it was present opening time!

My old baby clothes and pictures with me in them
All set for Pietrini family vacation!



Thank you sister for such an amazing shower! Not even the heat could keep everyone from having a good time. 



1 comment: