August 17, 2012

Chi Town Babymoon

Before the arrival of our baby girl, Seth and I planned a simple getaway to the city. Since is wasn't too long ago that we vacationed in Florida with my family and South Carolina with his, we kept our one last "hurrah" local. 

Our original "Babymoon" was supposed to take place July 7-8, but due to another unexpected trip to the emergency room, things got postponed to July 21-22.

Seth and I arrived by train into the city around noon. We checked into Hotel Sax and headed to the Taste of River North for some lunch.





After lunch and some walking around, we stopped into McDonald's to take a little rest. (Walking and humidity had caught up to this preggo.) While we cooled down at an empty table, I brought up our name dilemma. We were still stuck on the same two names since early in the pregnancy and I wanted to see if Seth had any new thoughts. Nope. We did start to talk about nicknames for each, but since neither name has a good one, nor a natural shortened name (there's a hint for ya), Seth said for one of the names he would probably just call our little girl by her first and middle name. When he affectionately said it, I started to cry. Now I don't know if I was simply emotional and on the verge of tears at any given trigger or if this was some sort of sign that this should be the name. I won't really know the answer to that either way, but I'll let you know which one we go with.

Back at the hotel, we caught a bit of a nap before getting cleaned up for a stroll along the river and dinner at Naha.





And we finished off the overnight with "breakfast" (at like 11:30) the next day! 


I definitely love life just the two of us Seth Michael, but I have a feeling it's about to get even better!

1 comment:

  1. aw---so sweet! I'm so glad you two were able to do this before Little Two-Name Girl comes :)

    ReplyDelete