July 4, 2012

Into the 4th Quarter

I'm now just about 31 weeks and it's really starting to hit me that this baby is going to be here before I know it! The doctor asked me the other day if we're ready and I had to turn to Seth for assurance. I didn't know how to answer because we don't have much of what we'll need (first shower is July 14 in Minnesota), the crib isn't even set up yet, and I'm not sure exactly what ready is supposed to feel like. But am I ready for her to be here instead of in my stomach? Well...yes! 

It has been exciting to really feel Baby P move around and this past week, I was even able to feel a case of the hiccups. She now isn't just giving me jabs here and there, but Seth and I can watch her as she moves across my belly and we can can feel when she sticks her butt and feet out (or what we think are her butt and feet). Pregnancy is just crazy!

Last week I finally saw the speech therapist for the first time. I am the first case my therapist has had in which nighttime triggers VCD. Typically VCD is exercise induced, so breathing and relaxation exercises were all she could really leave me with (as expected), in addition to the suggestion that VCD may actually be triggered by acid reflux, and that is what is causing nighttime breathlessness. So now I'm taking medication for acid reflux in case that's what is happening. I think it's a mystery that may never solved, but I am confident that this is pregnancy related and won't continue postpartum. Thankfully nights of little sleep from difficulty breathing are basically under control. My new challenge is getting comfortable and waking up each time I want to roll over. But I'll gladly take this common pregnancy bother over breathless awakedness - it only takes a few seconds to fall right back asleep.

Some other updates...

Recent Cravings: Watermelon, Caribou Coffee Decalf Vanilla Cooler, kettle chips, brie and sandwiches

Weight Gain: 23 pounds

Baby's Facing: Down (but still plenty of time to be doing some flips)

Belly Button: Still an innie! And thankfully no stretch marks and only the faintest of faint linea nigra.

Exercise: Mostly the elliptical, some weights and jumping in on Seth's P90X and  Insanity workouts (completely modified). You would think Seth should put on some sympathy weight! Instead, he's sees this time as an opportunity to get in shape while he can. 

Annoyances: The heat! 100 degree weather, come on! Painful calf cramps at night and getting emotional out of nowhere 

Name: Still undecided (my number one is Seth's number two and vise versa)





1 comment: