February 2, 2012

My Favorite Moment


Today I am giving thanks and breathing a sigh of relief. Leading up to my eight week appointment on Monday, I was feeling good. Too good. My sudden disappearance of the need to munch in the middle of the night, or at least right away in the morning, and the fact that I was still not feeling any pregnancy sickness left me worried that my baby's heart had stopped beating. (Although Seth liked to point out that I have several other pregnancy symptoms such as frequent cravings and nasal congestion, among other things.)

I had no signs of miscarriage. No spotting or anything like that. It was just the feeling of nothing that had me worried something was wrong. On the drive to my appointment and on the brink of tears, I was praying desperately. Seth was not with me since I received notice that day that my appointment had to be moved from late afternoon to lunch time.

Inside the ultrasound room, my fears faded. In fact, I experienced my favorite moment so far in this pregnancy. Now far enough along (eight weeks three days) to be viewed in the ultrasound externally, I could already see the little baby's head and hands just starting to bud. Most importantly, I could see the quick little pitter-patter of that Little Pea's heartbeat. A solid 176. Maybe Pietrini's can have girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment