February 16, 2012

Me Lately

I'm emotional. The drive to work the other day confirmed it. I was simply thinking back to a time I observed a teenage boy thanking an 80-year-old man wearing a veterans hat for his service. I got legitimately teary eyed. Or this past weekend. My girlfriends played a simple prank on me that my car was being towed and I got truly (and embarrassingly) upset. I can normally laugh that kind of thing off. And then there's The Vow. There is probably no worse movie currently out in theaters for a pregnant woman to watch. The movie is totally worthy of a cry or two, but throughout the entire thing? Yes, that was me. Any moment worthy of emotion received mine in the form of a downpour.

I'm a picky eater. I'm worse than Garfield. But at least Garfield knows what he wants to eat. Sometimes I can't even pinpoint what exactly I want but once I do, I have to have it. On Sunday it was mac and cheese. Kraft. Not the normal kind. The kind with shapes. So for the second time I took advantage of my condition and my darling husbands willingness, although reluctant, to make the trip to the store to buy some. "Get three boxes please." 

And then there is the daily 9:00 p.m. night sickness. It seems that only food will remedy the upset stomach, but after searching through the refrigerator and cupboards multiple times, nothing will do.


Warning. Not normal. There is still puppy chow left over from the weekend. My love of chocolate has subsided.

I dream about exactly what's on my mind. A few weeks ago, that meant two in which I miscarried and held the tiny, nearly unformed body in the palm of my hand. A few days ago it was an old acquaintance posting about my pregnancy on Facebook before I was ready to announce. I couldn't get the Internet to work to erase her comment. When I tried to call her, my fingers were unable to dial her number correctly. And in yesterday's dream, a friend at church told me she was 12 weeks pregnant. "Due on August 31?" I asked (This was actually what I thought my original due date was). "August 27," she corrected. I then informed her I too was also pregnant and she proceeded to tell everyone, even with the youth group kids around. 


Today I actually plan to tell the youth group leaders, but wait until next week to tell the students.

I'm getting anxious. I just want to tell the WORLD! While Seth and I are starting to tell friends, and the fact that I was able to enjoy a particularly fun case of telling a couple of college gal pals this past weekend, we're still keeping the secret from our coworkers. Ya know, those people you actually see day in and day out. So very soon (about a week), I will be able to stop asking Seth whether I look pregnant or not before I leave in the morning with my shirt tucked in. Can't wait!

1 comment: