January 29, 2012

Telling the Miller's

Shortly after Seth and I learned about our pregnancy, I received an invitation to my high school friend Lauren's shower on January 21. This presented a perfect excuse to travel to Minnesota so close to Christmas without (hopefully) any suspicion of the news we would be presenting.

On Friday night January 20, the Lord decided to send the second real snow of this mild winter season leaving us with a choice to make: either travel to Minnesota early the next morning or not go at all. Travel home from work was over two hours and there was no way we were going to make it to Minnesota at any decent hour that night...if at all. Lindsey Moon had made her way to Palatine on the train from the city to travel with us since she too was invited to the shower and wanted to surprise her dad for his birthday. I shared with her my planned surprise for the weekend and we decided to bite the bullet and make the trek early the next morning.

We arrived to my parents around 11:30 AM and brunch was nearly ready. Peter, Sarah, and Elora came over to join us and I was prepared to make my announcement while we ate. I waited for my dad to get seated and exclaimed, "Oh! I have something I got for Elora that I just can't wait to give her, but I have to put it on her." I scooped up the little babe and brought here into the other room. I fashioned the "i love my baby-cousin-to-be" bib around her neck and well, I'll let the video tell you the rest...


We had a great rest of the weekend, already planning baby showers and guessing the gender. For some reason, my mom, sister, and me have the feeling it's a girl. The guys didn't share their inclination, but Peter did share he has the thought that Pietrini's only have boys. We'll just have to wait until late April to find out.



Already showering us with gifts






1 comment: