January 17, 2012

First Ultrasound & Due Date Announcement

Yesterday I had my first prenatal appointment and ultrasound and everything is looking good. There wasn't too much to see of course, but I got tears in my eyes seeing my little baby and hearing his/her heartbeat. Before the appointment, I sent Seth a picture of a 7 week ultrasound so he didn't get his hopes up of seeing more than just a little, but beautiful, blob.

The heartbeat read 128. Yes, that's low, but for good reason. I was not as far along as I expected and measured just 6 weeks and 3 days. I'll be back to the office again in two weeks for another look at the heartbeat. We'll be looking for a much faster beat then.

So, at 6 weeks and 3 days yesterday, that makes our due date September 7, 2012. This was pretty exciting to me since that day is not only the day Seth and I got engaged, but it is also my dad's birthday. How great is that!

On another note, today's "craving" was cheese. I saw a commercial advertising cheese and just had to have it. I say "cravings" because it's more like I found something that sounds good because nothing else does. I guess I am like my sister in that way. She described her "cravings" the same way.


So Seth made mac and cheese and 
cheesy garlic bread. Yum! 



1 comment:

  1. I craved cheese throughout my entire pregnancy too! We have to build up our calcium, I guess! Mac & Cheese and Cheesy garlic bread? Way to go, Seth!

    ReplyDelete