January 3, 2013

Four Months: Daddy's Little Girl


It's about 99.9% certain that we've got ourselves a brown eyed girl. So she's officially all Daddy, as if we didn't know already. Check out all our newborn photos.

This past month Hannah had several firsts. Hannah had her first cold (and also her second). Hannah celebrated her first Christmas. (It was last year Christmas Day I found out I was pregnant.) We heard Hannah's first giggles. Hannah also received her first non-generic nickname: The Cheese. How? I was singing along with Hannah's musical lamb to "The Farmer in the Dell." At the end I sang, "Hannah stands alone. Hannah stands alone..." So Seth said, "Hannah, are you The Cheese?" It stuck. She's The Cheese.

But most exciting, Hannah first rolled over!

The first to witness was Grandma P. on December 17 when watching her during the day while Seth and I were at work. Hannah was a bit startled by it when she landed abruptly from her stomach to back. I was sad to have missed it, but I already had accepted the fact I may miss some of Hannah's firsts with my decision to go back to work. I'll get over it. And it's not like we had lost our chance to see it. I knew there would be a next time.

The following weekend, we got our chance. Not only did we get to witness this feat, but since we were in Minnesota for Christmas, Grandma and Grandma Miller, Sarah, and Peter also got to see Hannah roll over. We all erupted in cheers, so much so that Sarah had to quiet us down since Elora was taking a nap. In case Hannah would do it again, I whipped out my camera. Sure enough, when I put her back on her stomach, she flipped onto her back once again. Check out the footage:

To close, Daddy said the sweetest thing yesterday: "I have never smiled so much in my life. Because I always want to make her smile."

No comments:

Post a Comment