December 1, 2012

Back to Work

This past week marked a big change for the Pietrini family: Mama went back to work. New routine, new wake-up alarm, new pit stops at daycare/grandmas. 

I had been anticipating the first day back to work before Hannah was even born. I didn't know how I would feel about it. I'm not one of those moms that just knows I need to work to maintain sanity or would be an absolute mess if I couldn't stay home. I tend to be content in most situations. And I embrace change and new routines. 

The week went really well. Although I was hoping to slowly ease back into projects at work, this was not the case. There was plenty waiting for me and quickly I picked up where my temp had left off. What I really am having to adjust to is the extended day: feeding and getting Hannah ready and dropping off and picking her up. I get up 30-45 minutes earlier than I used to and I have an added half hour or so to my commute with a little less time the two days Seth drops off Hannah at Grandma P's.            

The question on many minds is if I'm going to stay. To that, I have no idea. Over the course of time I was home I had the opportunity to talk to several Godly and wise women about their thoughts and experiences on the topic. The overwhelming majority favored staying home, others suggested trying it out, but the consensus was to pray about it and give it to the Lord.

I didn't expect an answer before returning to work, but I did expect to lean one way or the other once I did. Well, I don't feel strong either way. I actually feel rather indifferent. Going back to work has been great. So was staying home. Both have their pros and cons and I'm truly having a difficult time being sure what to do. Of course, it has only been a week. So my decision for the time being is no decision. I'll stay in my present situation until I hear otherwise and pray the Lord will make it clear if He desires for me to stay home. 


1 comment:

  1. As my mother-in-love says...anyone can do your job at work, but in the role of Hannah's mommy, you are irreplaceable! :)

    ReplyDelete