September 1, 2012

In a Week's Time

One week. Maybe less. I'm going to have a baby girl in my arms. 

As I write, my little pea is trying to do a handstand. At least that's what it feels like. Head down, facing my left, butt at top center and both legs hanging down left. And moving all around! (I know this because I had an ultrasound today to make sure my fluids are looking good.) I don't know how she still has room to move around. And while I know that babies love their cocoon, I'm always telling Seth that I feel so sorry for our girl all cramped up in the confines of my belly.

Besides having the ultrasound today at the OB, I also tentatively have set  a planned induction beginning the night of the 6th into the 7th. That is if I don't go into labor before then on my own. While I'm not thrilled about the possibility of an induction, I'm thankful it isn't scheduled earlier. And that if there was a day around now that I want our baby girl to be born, it's September 7. Because five years ago Friday, Seth asked me to marry him. 

And it's a bonus that it's my dad's birthday and seven is my favorite number.

It's been a bit of a roller coaster these last few days when I was told at my Tuesday appointment that a recommendation was being submitted to induce me early next week (i.e. Monday), basically because of my "TIA" and need to be on heparin. I didn't really understand the need, and was not happy since I would like to prevent and/or postpone an induction as much as possible to avoid pitocin and increased possibility of a C-section. Plus this recommendation wasn't coming from my normal OB. Thankfully at today's appointment I saw my normal OB. For cases like mine, doctors recommend delivering between 39 and 40 weeks; she's letting me push it to 40.

So September 7; if not sooner. And even though labor is an extremely close reality, I am less fearful than some moments of fear I've had in the last few months. I think it's because I just can't wait for my baby girl to be here, no matter what it takes.


Definition of a Baby:
That which makes the home happier,
love stronger, patience greater,
hands busier, nights longer, days
shorter, purses lighter, clothes
shabbier, the past forgotten,
the future brighter.
-Martin Lawrence 
(Excerpt in Meditations for the Expectant Mother, 
read by my mom when she was expecting me)

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how God planned it. The last month of pregnancy is so long and uncomfortable, plus, you are just so ready to meet your baby that you don't even care how they are going to be coming out :) It's a beautiful thing, really! You have our prayers!

    ReplyDelete