March 2, 2012

Q&A About Baby Pietrini

Most commonly asked question: Are you going to find out the gender? This surprised me a bit. I expected "How are you feeling?" to be number one.

Are we going to find out the gender? Yes, we will/hope to find out around April 20.

So, how have I been feeling? In the first few weeks I felt a bit of cramping, and the weeks after that I only experienced short sickness in the evening. As mentioned in my February 2nd post, I was hardly feeling any sickness that I was worried something was wrong. I think pregnancy sickness can be both a blessing and a curse. Blessing in that its indicative of a healthy pregnancy and provides assurance, and a curse in the sense that I'm sure any sick pregnant woman can tell you about. The past three weeks I have been fighting a cold/cough/sore throat. And in general, it seems that my nose hasn't stopped running this entire pregnancy.

Are we hoping for a boy or a girl? It's no secret that Seth wants a boy, but that doesn't mean we have to have a boy the first go at it. I want both, so it really doesn't matter to me. But I do have to say I like thought of an oldest brother. 

I recently read a blog belonging to a friend of a friend who captured so well how I was truely feeling about this subject, as well as give me right perspective. The reason I want a boy first - besides the fact that I would love to watch him play football,  see him protect his little sister, and we have a name picked out for a boy - besides all that, I know that Seth wants a boy and I just want the pressure to be off the first time around.

Then, I was reminded of this: God doesn't give us what WE want; He gives us HE wants according to HIS purposes. This isn't about us, or rather me, but about God making this baby the way he/she is supposed to be. Who the baby is made to be!


Thank you for your promises Lord!

3 comments:

  1. Amen! And I was kinda surprised that so many people wanted to know that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that all too well-kinda. God gave us Brody, not who we expected, but I couldn't have asked for a more precious gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you both, such wonderful news!!
    Sounds like we are due close together - I've heard Aug 24 and sept 2 so I'm waiting to see what my April ultrasound says :)
    Glad you are feeling well & fun to read your posts!! Take care :)

    ReplyDelete