March 5, 2012

And the Nesting Begins

This past Saturday I spent the morning/afternoon cleaning out hall closet for Baby P. Some may call it nesting, I call it taking advantage of a cleaning mood and feeling well.


One of the FAQ I failed to include on my last post is about whether a move in is our near future. A move is definitely in the future, but not as near as some would think considering we're having a baby and we don't exactly have a spare bedroom. So what is the plan you ask? For now, the kid will be sleeping in our room. 

The real root of the move debate is whether I will work or not once I have the baby. That decision will affect our need to live close to Grandma P, or open up the option to move closer to Seth's work and church. The answer right now is we don't know. It's no secret that I have pretty sweet job traveling the world, but not only that, I really love what I do. And will staying at home make me an annoying wife when Seth comes in the door because I have been craving adult interaction and conversation all day? Or, will I simply not be able to handle leaving my baby everyday for (sigh) work. Case closed.

I don't know if I'll just try it and see to make the decision, or if there something God has to say about the debate...or rather more probable what He has to say about our personal debate. Examining our own selfishness (which can go either way), and consider what's best for our baby. I welcome your wisdom.




3 comments:

  1. I don't have any wisdom to share, but I'm sure it will be a tough decision. It would be strange not to see you all the time, though, so I hope you'll stay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing the baby clothes in the closet just made it all so real!!

      You definitely have a big decision ahead of you...one we are praying for! I think you will definitely know what the right decision is for you as soon as you are on maternity leave and see what the day to day is like. Good luck :)

      Delete
  2. Becca! How exciting! Of course you probably know before I even start writing how I'd weigh in on this subject! ;) But I can't resist...no matter how great your job is or how much you love it, nothing in the world compares to being a mommy. From the moment you see the positive pregnancy test God starts working on your heart and knitting it to that little bundle of joy He's forming inside of you. After miscarrying, one of the things God used to comfort me was to affirm that I have cherished every single second of Bethany's sweet little life and haven't taken any of it for granted. I wouldn't trade the time I have had with her for anything in the whole world. I still miss her even if I've been gone for an hour! (That's why God gave us wonderful husbands, to take us a way for a couple of hours/days even when we don't think we need or want it)! :)

    I do love Titus 2: 3-5 which I'm sure you know, but it reminds me that no matter what the world may say, being a Godly wife and mother is an important biblical role that comes with weighty responsibilities! "Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children,to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled."


    Ultimately the Lord will guide you and Seth in choosing what is right for your family, but mark me down as someone who absolutely positively adores staying at home with my little one and wants the same joy for all who are blessed to be given the title "mommy!"

    ReplyDelete